Saturday, July 15, 2006

Welcome to Australia, mate.

And so, here I am.

The sending off was rather emotional. However, I just can't cry. I don't know why. Seems like I've disappointed people though.

I wonder why too.

:D

However, I am very touched by their work into that book they produced. It is absolutely beautiful. One look at it, and I feel like crying. I really do, but the tears just won't come out.

Sorry again. :o

But still, I would thank the three of you, Fengzhi, Xin Lan and Joanne for spending time to make such a magnificant farewell gift! I will NOT forget it. Same goes for Wei Jie for coming down to send me off.

Mina Daisukides. ;)

Chess club 4eva~

(woot?)

After clearing the customs with ease, I wandered around for 10 minutes, surfing the net for 6 minutes, before heading to gate 55.

Only thing was, it was gate 52. Which meant quite some walk back.

Silly me.

On the plan, there is aussie dude who sat beside me. He and his wife just enjoyed a holiday in Singapore, and are flying back home. He did provide me with a few details on what to expect, especially during the orientation which is to come on monday.

The flight itself was rather smooth, if you ignore the airline food. I'm quite sick of fish, so I decided to gamble and take lamb instead. With rice to boot.

Let's say I wasted quite a bit of it.

The rest of the flight was spent watching Kung fu Mahjong 2, playing chess with some dumb comp, watching CSI:NY, playing mahjong, and finally, playing Pokemon:Silver. Yes, Pokemon:Silver. I initially wanted to complete the entire SNES super mario world, since I had always failed during my 3 hours HK trips. I was thinking that 7 should be more then enough.

Only for it not to be there. >_> Only Pokemon Yellow/Gold/Silver and Super Mario Bros. Chip tunes to boot.

Boo.

At least I got 5 badges before I got real sick and fell asleep.

Only to be woken 30 minutes later to break fast.

As usual, I went for apple juice (I NEVER go for orange juice. It's always apple for me). The bread is the usual rock, so I told them to save it for some other sucker, and ate their less hard muffin.

Soon, it was time to land. Seems like the wind was kind to us, so I was 10 minutes early.

Customs was cleared fast enough too. Some other japanese dude on another lane couldn't speak english, and so could not understand the officer's questions. This meant that he held up the entire queue. LoL.

Finally, my only feared part: Declaration.

As I was sick, I had to bring my medicine. On my declaration card, I had clearly said that I had them. Hell, the sniffer dog started clawing at my pouch when I was waiting to get my luggage, probably because of my mom's shop, anything which stays there for longer than 4 hours will have a "nasi lemak" smell.

The dog seemed to love it.

Strange.

However, because that mutt was clawing at my bag, and only a sharp word from the trainer did he sit down, I had no choice but to empty my contents. Satisfied with nothing which could pose a threat to Australia's wildlife, he thanked me and continued on.

When I was about to send my luggage through the X-ray, I told the guy once more that there's medicine inside, in case he forgot. Seeing the number of people who are asked to open their bags to be searched, I was afraid that I would have to join the crowd. However, already, I was quite prepared.

"Thanks. Proceed to the exit".

:o

This meant I was the first one to meet my driver. LoL.

The new place is fairly quiet, as is the entire Ipswich town. Did 90% of my shopping today, but I realised I have no breakfast tomorrow.

However, the funny thing is this. There are 5 rooms in the house (3 houses in total, the main one had 9, mine was the smallest one). 4 upstairs, 1 downstairs. Mine was downstairs.

But get this: The other 4 are girls.

Or so, the landlady said, since one of them is called "Alex".

Well, 2 are on holiday, and one is a korean.

I forgot her name again. Yay me.

Dinner tonight on the landlady.

But hell, it's quite freezing down here.

Gonna check out the uni tomorrow. :o

Maybe I'll start reverting back to my usual blogging style once I got used to this area.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home